List of Pre-Regulations
- Consideration of Comments and Suggestions
- Written comments and suggestions about the NPRM were received by mail and e-mail through September 6, 2005, which were considered in the development of the final regulations.
- Federal Register Announcement
- A December 2004 Federal Register announcement defines the IDEA public input process
- Letter from the OSEP Director
- A January 2005 letter from the Director of the Office of Special Education Programs outlined activities associated with implementation of IDEA 2004.
- Proposed Regulations
- The U.S. Department of Education published proposed regulations to implement the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA). The official version of this notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) is published in the Federal Register and is available here in both PDF (597K) and HTML formats for downloading.
- Public Meetings
- OSERS held a series of public meetings in June and July (2005) to receive comments and suggestions about the proposed regulations to implement programs under the recently amended IDEA. An April 2005 Federal Register announcement describes the meetings, held in Nashville, Sacramento, Las Vegas, New York, Chicago, San Antonio and Washington, DC. An initial series of meetings was held in January and February (2005) to receive public input and suggestions for developing the regulations.