Ed_banner_left Ed_banner_right
U.S. Department of Education: Promoting Educational Excellence for all Americans
Regulations: Part 300 / E / 300.532 / a

(a) General. The parent of a child with a disability who disagrees with any decision regarding placement under Sec. Sec. 300.530 and 300.531, or the manifestation determination under Sec. 300.530(e), or an LEA that believes that maintaining the current placement of the child is substantially likely to result in injury to the child or others, may appeal the decision by requesting a hearing. The hearing is requested by filing a complaint pursuant to Sec. Sec. 300.507 and 300.508(a) and (b).