IDEA 2004: Building the Legacy
Part C (birth - 2 years old)
Note: This document has been delivered to the Office of the Federal Register but has not yet been scheduled for publication. The official version of this document is the document that is published in the Federal Register.
and medical services that are not provided for diagnostic or evaluative purposes) that the child needs or is being provided;
(3) Coordinating evaluations and assessments;
(4) Facilitating and participating in the development, review, and evaluation of IFSPs;
(5) Conducting referral and other activities to assist families in identifying available EIS providers;
(6) Coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring the delivery of services required under this part to ensure that the services are provided in a timely manner;
(7) Conducting follow-up activities to determine that appropriate Part C services are being provided;
(8) Informing families of their rights and procedural safeguards, as set forth in subpart E of this part and related resources;
(9) Coordinating the funding sources for services required under this part; and
(10) Facilitating the development of a transition plan to preschool, school, or, if appropriate, to other services.
(c) Use of the term service coordination or service
coordination services. The lead agency’s or an EIS
provider’s use of the term service coordination or service