IDEA 2004: Building the Legacy
Part C (birth - 2 years old)
Note: This document has been delivered to the Office of the Federal Register but has not yet been scheduled for publication. The official version of this document is the document that is published in the Federal Register.
(b) Information to be provided. The information
required to be prepared and disseminated under paragraph (a) of this section must include--
(1) A description of the availability of early intervention services under this part;
(2) A description of the child find system and how to refer a child under the age of three for an evaluation or early intervention services; and
(3) A central directory, as described in §303.117.
(c) Information specific to toddlers with disabilities. Each public awareness program also must include a requirement that the lead agency provide for informing parents of toddlers with disabilities of the availability of services under section 619 of the Act not
fewer than 90 days prior to the toddler’s third birthday.
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1435(a)(6), 1437(a)(9))
§303.302 Comprehensive child find system.
(a) General. Each system must include a comprehensive child find system that--
(1) Is consistent with Part B of the Act (see 34 CFR 300.111);
(2) Includes a system for making referrals to lead agencies or EIS providers under this part that--
(i) Includes timelines; and