IDEA 2004: Building the Legacy
Part C (birth - 2 years old)
Note: This document has been delivered to the Office of the Federal Register but has not yet been scheduled for publication. The official version of this document is the document that is published in the Federal Register.
(b) Referral of specific at-risk infants and toddlers. The procedures required in paragraph (a) of this section must provide for requiring the referral of a child under the age of three who--
(1) Is the subject of a substantiated case of child abuse or neglect; or
(2) Is identified as directly affected by illegal substance abuse or withdrawal symptoms resulting from prenatal drug exposure.
(c) Primary referral sources. As used in this subpart, primary referral sources include--
(1) Hospitals, including prenatal and postnatal care facilities;
(3) Parents, including parents of infants and toddlers;
(4) Child care programs and early learning programs;
(5) LEAs and schools;
(6) Public health facilities;
(7) Other public health or social service agencies;
(8) Other clinics and health care providers;
(9) Public agencies and staff in the child welfare system, including child protective service and foster care;
(10) Homeless family shelters; and