IDEA 2004: Building the Legacy
Part C (birth - 2 years old)
Note: This document has been delivered to the Office of the Federal Register but has not yet been scheduled for publication. The official version of this document is the document that is published in the Federal Register.
(3) Pay compensation to a member of the Council if the member is not employed or must forfeit wages from other employment when performing official Council business;
(4) Hire staff; and
(5) Obtain the services of professional, technical, and clerical personnel as may be necessary to carry out the performance of its functions under Part C of the Act.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (a) of this section, Council members must serve without compensation from funds available under Part C of the Act.
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1441(d))
§303.604 Functions of the Council--required duties.
(a) Advising and assisting the lead agency. The Council must advise and assist the lead agency in the performance of its responsibilities in section 635(a)(10) of the Act, including--
(1) Identification of sources of fiscal and other support for services for early intervention service programs under Part C of the Act;
(2) Assignment of financial responsibility to the appropriate agency;
(3) Promotion of methods (including use of intra- agency and interagency agreements) for intra-agency and